top of page

Flood Plain Certificates

If you have structures like a home or business within a FEMA designated flood zone, you may be required to get a Flood Elevation Certificate for insurance purposes.

FEMA maps tell land owners where flood zones are located on a national level. Some counties also keep detailed records of flood zones. However, you will still need a Licensed Land Surveyor, Engineer, or Architect to verify site elevations in order to give you a Flood Elevation Certificate.

If it is the case that your building and/or surrounding land are above the flood plain, you may be able to file for a Letter of Map Amendment (LOMA) which will declare your property exempt from the flood area an nullify the need for flood insurance. 

FEMA flood map.jpg

Snippet of a FEMA flood map

bottom of page